What should we do when operating a lull?
- Inspect your equipment prior to use.
- When operating inside a building, in tight areas, or when your vision is blocked, utilize a spotter.
- Plan your route of travel.
- Utilize other equipment on site such as a Kubota and utility cart when working in an area with height restrictions.
- When the forklift is parked, make sure the forks are flat on the ground, the controls set to neutral, and the parking brake has been applied.
- When traveling on roadways, have orange or an orange triangle on the back of the machine & observe all safety laws.
- Select the proper rigging for the fork truck, do not rig anything to the mask of forks.
- Follow the speed limit for your site.
- Site conditions may change your speed throughout the day, so pay attention!
Safe Work Practices When Operating A Lull