A Clean Jobsite Is A Safe JobsiteJanuary 25, 2019
Winter 2019 Career FairsFebruary 21, 2019
How can we Prevent this in the Future:
- Ensure you have the latest, most up to date, Safety Data Sheet (SDS)- and check it for hazards
- There are 16 sections in an SDS containing valuable information like what PPE to wear, how to fight a fire involving this material, what the physical properties of this material are, and what this material will react with!
- Check the label for hazards. All containers should have a label to help you tell what the contents might do
- Always keep different waste types separate
- Like to like- begin by checking the SDS to ensure you know you aren’t putting incompatible materials together
- Check the reactivity section and physical properties section of the SDS
- Make sure waste is stored in the correct container
- Flammables go in special containers and get stored in special areas
- When in a large volume, flammable waste such as rags, get stored in special containers!