The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Job-Related Skills:
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to maneuver through various software programs simultaneously.
- Ability to use search tools, browsers, email, attach files, scan, and fax.
- Possess strong oral/written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously with all internal and external customers to exchange and convey information.
- Ability to work with some degree of independence where judgment and discretion are applied.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Communication Skills:
- Lift, handle, and carry materials, equipment, and supplies as necessary up to 20 pounds.
- Lift 20 pounds floor to waist, lift 20 pounds waist to shoulder, lift and carry 20 pounds, and push/pull 20 pounds.
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours.
- Coordination necessary to operate computers and office equipment with pushbuttons and/or touch screens.
Essential Mathematical Skills:
- Read and interpret documents.
- Read a diverse amount of printed and computer material.
- Communicate effectively and listen attentively.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak tactfully and effectively before residents, staff, and elected officials, in one-on-one situations and small or large group settings.
- Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the general public.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow written and verbal communications.
- Exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
- Possess strong leadership and motivational skills.
Essential Interpersonal Skills:
- Perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
Essential Reasoning Ability:
- High sense of integrity and ethics
- Punctual, reliable and dependable
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to accept performance feedback
- Goal and deadline oriented
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to manage stress
- Detail oriented
- Service focused
General Requirements and/or Disclaimers
- Remain calm in a demanding environment, assisting a diverse blend of people.
- Solve practical problems in a variety of situations.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified. Other duties may be assigned by the Safety Director and/or Safety Manager.
Education and Experience Required:
Hours of Employment:
- High School Diploma required.
- Candidates who possess three (3) to five (5) years of safety representative experience in construction are highly preferred.
- 3-5 years construction safety experience / Experience with General Motors Safety Program Preferred
- At minimum, must possess an OSHA 30hr Construction Certification
Normal hours of employment are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. reporting in person to the worksite in Grand Blanc. Schedule may be modified by the Safety Director and/or Safety Manager due to department operations as needed.
What You’ll Get:
The employee in the Safety Representative position is a non-exempt employee under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act ("FLSA"), 29 USC §§201, et Seq., and as a result thereof is entitled to accumulate or to be paid any compensatory time off or overtime.
Salary to commensurate in the range of $60K-$75 K according to candidate’s skills and experience level.
The position offers an attractive benefit package that includes medical insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-term disability, and long term disability plans on the first of the month following the date of hire. Paid time off and 401K plan offered upon reaching eligibility date.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their resume and a letter of interest by end of business on May 31, 2023. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted regarding the next steps in the application process.
Ideal Contracting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of such factors as race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, citizenship, handicap, height, weight and marital status. Under the State Persons with Disabilities Act and the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act, an employer has a legal obligation to accommodate an employee’s or job applicant’s disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the employer. A person with a disability may allege a violation against an employer regarding a failure to accommodate his or her condition under Michigan law only if the person notifies the employer in writing of the need for accommodation within 182 days after the date the person knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed.